Monday, May 25, 2009

No work at office..

My new job at Dunnhumby is different than the one in marketRx. Here you are given a lot of responsibilities and lots of work; but it is better than marketRx because you have the complete ownership and responsibility of your project. Indiavidual projects also mean the guys in UK know when you are free and the again load you with ptojects. Bt the best part is, that they know we have to leave for home at 7, and they respect that (unlike in marketRx, where you are 'expected' to stay back and work after 7:30 PM.

But we also have few days in dunnhumby when there isn't much work. today is one such day as I have completed my work and UK office is on leave. Also, my ipod is at home, and I don't have the fun group that I had in marketRx(the best part of marketRx). I am getting bored at office, because I have nothing to do.

It's strange. Because when I had a lot of work I wished for a day off; but when I have it I'm getting bored. Am I becoming a workoholic (my worst nightmare)? Or is it just due to the quiet dunnhumby office?

I did absolutely nothing today. Came at 10:20, did some work till 11:00, wasted time till 12:30, played foosball, went to Siddhartha's treat, came back with heavy stomach and sleepy eyes (which again makes it difficult to work), foosball again, surfing the net, and then this blog. I was searching the net for some trekking expeditions where I can go and enjoy. It's been a long time since I took any leave, and I am definitely going to take one in july/aur for around 10 days; and before that I have to find a destination where I can go ! Well the main problem is findng people to go with you (or go alone, as I did the Triund Trek). I badly need a trekking partner with whom I can go anywhere I want.

I have made some plans for the trips this year and next year. I'll be utlizing all my leaves for the trips. I'm planning to go to Leh/Ladakh in Aug (though this trip doesn't seem to be happening), Thailand in sept end-october, and then Goa in december (new year) Hopefully I'll get people for these trips. I'm also planning to go to Everest base camp next year in summers. Let's see how many of these I'll be able to do.

These trips have to be done as they say "There is no surety in life... you can get married anytime..so fulfill all your wishes before that"

1 comment:

Mixi said...

fun group at marketRx... sounds familiar :)...

I miss you too...